Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back in Seattle

A big hello to old friends and new.

After a decade hiatus from the Emerald City, I'm back and ready to tear it up. Life on the Olympic Peninsula is slow and easy and I do miss the sounds of the wildlife and the smell of the forest, but fate (and a troubled young woman named Jess) dragged me from my peaceful isolation and it looks like I'll stick around for a bit.

I look forward to this blogging business.
I look forward to reconnecting with my old friends.
I look forward to learning the ways of this millennium.

I admit to experiencing a bit of culture shock after living so many years without electricity, without a computer, without a TV, without running water for that matter, though I had a pretty solid cistern that kept my elbows cleaned and the dinnerware from getting too gross.

As some of you may have heard, I'm returning to the gallery while Billy does his time in Walla Walla. Of course, my heart goes out to his victims and their families. I'll try to do right by you all and keep you informed. I'll stick with this blog for the time being, though an offer is on the table to return to my column, so keep your eyes open for my byline again in our favorite Seattle rag.

Thanks to you all for your support.

No comments: